Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thomas meets his cousin, Eliza

I'm trying a new way of posting pictures...so bear with me as I learn something new!

After we took Thomas's daddy to the airport on Sunday, we headed up to Nannie & Papa's house for a little visit. An extra treat was the presence of my brother, his wife and their new baby girl. This was the first time Thomas has met his cousin Eliza and it went really well. I was quite nervous how he'd be around a baby, but he was very sweet and kind...and entirely interested. He didn't mind when I held her for a few minutes and that was nice. Here's the first time he got a close look at her:


While we were eating lunch, he had to keep checking on Eliza.




I think Eliza was about ready to tell her paparazzi-like aunt to leave. :)


Eliza is really trying to figure out this woman they call "Nannie." :) "Is she a natural blonde?" she wonders.

As a newborn, she still sleeps quite a lot. So I was most pleased with the rare opportunity (for me) to see her with her eyes open. I hear she has 1,000 expressions already. I believe it.



Thomas was most intrigued by Eliza. I'm not sure if he will think so fondly of his own brother or sister once he realizes he/she will be coming to live at his house, but I was definitely encouraged by the way he acted toward her.

He would give her gentle kisses...


And pat her softly (I was most nervous every time he went to do this!).


He really enjoyed meeting his cousin, and I enjoyed seeing her (and her parents) again.

Trey is currently on the other coast and he actually went to visit our other niece (and my other brother and his wife) last night. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Taryn said...

How do you like picasa? Caroline downloaded it as well. Should I try it?

Molly said...

Taryn, I like that when the picture posts, you can click on it to see a bigger photo. But maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can only get it to post four pics at once. So I had to create three posts for this ONE, and then combine them all. It took ENTIRELY too much effort. But the pics uploaded quickly, so that was good. So I'm undecided. I'll try to see if I'm messing up. The verdict's still out!