Thomas enjoyed seeing the planes on the ground. As we arrived the Air Force Thunderbirds were performing. It didn't take long for him to decide that these planes (F-16s) were a bit too loud for his taste. He watched them sometimes (with a firm grip on his Daddy)...
But if the planes were too close or too fast, he decided he much preferred a closeup view of his Daddy's shirt instead. :)
(Note the planes at the top of the picture, just to the right of the center)
He wasn't all that sure of them, and before long told us "Scared. Planes. Loud." Ever since the event I've talked to him a great deal to assure him that planes are indeed quite nice, especially since his dad flies them. Sometimes they are loud, but nice all the same. So now he says, "Scared. Planes. Loud. Nice."
As you can see, while there he needed some convincing...
The show was amazing though. Still pictures just don't do it justice.
When we went aboard the C-17 (the plane his Daddy flies), he was far more intrigued by the Humvee on it. He didn't understand why I wouldn't let him get inside and "drive it!"
He wouldn't even smile for the camera because he was far too interested in talking about the lights...
We had a great time and look forward to doing it again next time the show is back in town! Funny thing is, the last time it was here, Trey and I went and I was very much pregnant that time too (with Thomas, obviously)...probably 37 weeks or so. Next time, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to say the same.
Speaking of this pregnancy, I'm nearly 39 weeks now and due to meet our baby on Friday (unless he/she makes an appearance prior to then!). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that everything will go as it should.

No comments:
Post a Comment