Then the planes flew directly overhead...
...and Parker quickly decided he was not such a fan of the "loud planes."
That's what he did if I wasn't right beside him when they came within earshot. But if I was there, this is more like how it was. My hands over his ears, his hands over his eyes.
And if I had stepped away for a second, he would happily climb into Ms. Taryn's lap...
He wasn't screaming or crying or anything. He would just say things like, "Planes loud. Scared. Go home. No like 'em. Too loud." And though I didn't get any pictures nearly as cool as my brother's, the planes were still an awesome sight to see.
Notice them here right to the right of the flagpole.
(Mr.) James took the big kids and Sarah Ellen for a little stroll around the park and the kids enjoyed that...
And they seemed to forget about the planes flying overhead.
But they were still there...
And though Parker tried to play it cool with his girlfriend...
When the planes got close, he didn't mask his fear very well...
And he was most happy when it was time to go!
We didn't even attempt to go to either of the official shows, but hopefully next time the Blue Angels are in town, the boys will be more interested in the spectacle.
It was funny to me when I thought of all that time Trey and I spent living on air force bases that were major centers of flight training. Though the planes weren't the Blue Angels, particularly when we lived in Columbus, MS there were loud planes buzzing by our house ALL DAY LONG. These boys wouldn't last a day there!
No comments:
Post a Comment