All the kids wore the t-shirts they made in class. Thomas was very proud of his.
I should have made him stand a little closer to the banner, but he was in a hurry to get over to Spray Play.
The park recently renovated the playground and it was supposed to be finished before the picnic. Then they told us it would not be ready until later that afternoon. Apparently the right people made phone calls and it was magically ready the morning of the picnic (as had been promised).
Thomas enjoyed the new play area (and Parker liked all the new shady spots)...
But as soon as the water was turned on at the Spray Play area, he wanted to check it out. He ran across the field very excitedly:
(He's the little guy to the right)
As the videos in the previous post attest, he had so much fun.
This is Thomas and his buddy Braxton. That was the first name he ever told me of a friend at school and he still talks about him (and playing trucks with him) all the time. I'm sure he will miss Braxton over the summer and next year (they will not be going the same days next year).
I don't know these girls, but Thomas is never afraid to make new friends. He likes to talk to everyone!
Parker watched from afar and enjoyed an occasional misting from the fountains:
Finally I convinced him to leave Spray Play and come have our picnic lunch under the trees. He ate quickly so he could get back to enjoying more fun and games, like trying his hand at baseball.
And bubbles!
Just to show the other side of their cute shirts...
Thomas has had such a great first year of school. He has only gone two mornings a week, but he has really enjoyed his time there. Nowadays when I take him to school, he starts running when he gets in sight of his classroom and only tells me goodbye if I ask him to stop playing long enough to do it! It seems forever ago that he was shedding tears, holding on tightly to my legs. I'm so proud of how well he has done.
I know he will miss his teacher dearly. He has loved her so. At the picnic he wasn't cooperating well for a picture with her, but we managed to make one work.
He only has one more day of school left! I don't know who will be more sad about that on Thursday, him or me!?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment