Today his class had an end-of-the-year party:
It was a luau theme and very cute. That's Thomas sitting next to his friend Ella. She is one of the few who is also switching from two mornings to three next year (like Thomas) and I'm hoping that they will be in the same class.
As usual, the kids enjoyed their party and their special snacks:
Parker enjoyed it from the sidelines...
After snacktime the kids tried their skills at a game of limbo:
Thomas' technique needs a little work. :)
Ella decided to make the game really hard. Limbo LOWER now...
Parker and Ella's little brother enjoyed testing out the toys. They're looking forward to their turn at the 2s class in Fall 2010. Oh my! That's just next year! It has been funny this year because about half of Thomas' classmates have siblings the age of Parker and all of them are boys!
Parker cannot wait for his turn!
Thomas' first year of school has been great. While I cannot believe how quickly it has gone by, I'm so thankful for all that this year of school has done for Thomas. When he first started going last August, he was timid and every morning I dropped him off he would cling to me and usually cry. Today when I took him he started running into his classroom as soon as he rounded the corner and the room was in sight. I had to follow him in there and ask him to tell me goodbye. That's about how it has been for weeks (or months!) now.
His class was perfect...six boys (two named Thomas and two named Parker!) and six girls. He has made new friends and learned so many new things. When he first started going last summer he didn't participate much with the art projects, but now he comes home with such elaborate creations. I know I have to keep them forever!
His teachers have been wonderful. They always have two teachers in the classroom (a lead teacher and an assistant). The assistant position actually changed three times in his class this year, but he has loved all three and transitioned quite well. In the end he finished with these two teachers and they have been fabulous. And they both say that Thomas is a very sweet boy.
(Mrs. K is the main teacher (the one holding Thomas) and Miss C is the assistant.)
Yes, Thomas only went two mornings a week and I know it was only a class for 2-year olds, but I still felt a lot of pressure to choose the right school for him. I think we did. We couldn't have been more pleased. Mrs. K said Thomas loves school and she thinks he will do great transitioning to three mornings next year. He would be going to a bit of summer camp this summer, but he has to be potty trained first. Since that is not going so well, he's currently not scheduled to go until late July and early August. We sure are going to miss school!
As an aside, I should mention that I begged Thomas for 30 minutes to let me take a picture of him with his teachers. He kept telling me no, even to the point of tears. He does not like to pose for pictures! I kept offering all sorts of bribes. Finally, we were two of the last people there and I was still trying. I threw out an offer for a "stick popscicle" as soon as we got home (you know, the cheap Flavo-Ice things that come in the little plastic wrappers and you have to push them up?). And he said, "Okay." And then he posed and smiled perfectly. Little stinker. If only potty training could be that easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment