I was pretty sure we’d learn at practice yesterday if Thomas was picked to swim for his team at City Meet. As mentioned previously, City Meet is the big meet at the end of each swim season for all 22 teams from the Coastal Carolina Aquatic Association. Up to two swimmers from each team compete in each individual stroke and there are the two relays as well. Also, kids 9 and older can swim the IM—individual medley. Any one swimmer can swim up to two individual strokes, both relays and the IM.
I was pretty sure Thomas was up for consideration for butterfly & breaststroke (his coach had told me that) and the freestyle relay. His freestyle time was good, but not the best, on Tuesday, so I was thinking he probably was out of the relay.
Anyway, during practice they posted the “heat sheet” and Thomas checked it out as he was leaving. He was so excited to find his name on there twice!
Earlier in the day, he was acting like he didn’t really care either way if he was selected. But judging from his reaction, I think he really did care. He was so happy. He will be swimming butterfly & breaststroke at the City Meet on Saturday, July 19. Now for what he doesn’t know… city meet swimmers have to practice every day next week for two hours a day. Oh well, we’ll enjoy the sheer joy for today. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment