Sunday, April 3, 2011

Moving to big-boy land

We moved one week ago today.  The boys were with their grandparents until Wednesday, and when they returned I still had not found the time to assemble Parker’s crib.  We’ve been planning to move him to a “big boy bed” for quite some time, but were waiting on the move.  Now that we have moved, we have the bed, but not the mattress.  So I decided to set up the crib and use his new bed rails (like we did for Thomas) and finally got it together by Thursday.  I should say that he didn’t mind sleeping on the inflatable bed in Thomas’ room (and they want me to put it back).  But he was excited to see his crib set up in a manner more fitting the big boy he knows he is:

DSC_8370 edited

He slept there just fine until 6ish when he called for me claiming he needed a dry diaper, but what he really wanted was to come to our bed (and a dry diaper).  Of course his brother had already made his way down to our room at that point.  I stayed in between them for awhile before I got up to be more productive.  Trey came and got me as he got ready for work and said I needed to come see them.

DSC_8376 edited

My boys may fuss and fight sometimes, but they also love each other so very much all the time.

We are working on getting the new mattresses this week.  We’ll have a full-size bed in Parker’s room and two twins in Thomas’ room.  It will be interesting to see if they’d rather:
a) each sleep in their own room; or

b) sleep together in Parker’s new bed; or

c) sleep in the twin beds in Thomas’ room. 

We shall see!

No comments: