We had some leftover cookie dough from Christmas cookies (not the homemade kind, the in-a-roll and actually dairy-free variety), so Thomas and I made some cookies the other morning. I decided to let him do the majority of the decorating (and I let him cut them out with very little assistance from me as well...which was hard for me since I like to optimize the space on the dough and he doesn't give it much thought at all!). :) He actually did very well, except he might need a lesson on how less is more when it comes to sprinkles.

This is about when I would finally step in and say "STOP!"

But he thought it needed just a little bit more for perfection:

But then perfection needed to be redistributed to a cookie that was a bit more bare:

These cookies didn't cook up as well (hold shape) as well as the homemade dough. I'm not sure you can even tell these are trucks and cars, but they tasted just fine!

I did shake off some of those sprinkles prior to putting them in the oven! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment