Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Playdate turns lunchdate

Today our usual Wednesday morning playgroup moved to a local county park. Afterward one of the moms and her daughter joined us at our favorite local pizza place. Thomas LOVES pizza. They serve huge slices there and Thomas has no problems devouring an entire slice. I usually have to finally make him stop eating.

Anyway, after we left today, the kids were playing around outside and it was too cute not to snap a picture!


That is Thomas and his friend Lily (I must confess Lily's mom and I encouraged the hand holding). Thomas, of course, is still working on pronouncing his L's (and G's), so Lily's name sounds more like "Yee-yee." We have been going to Lily's house for playgroup since Thomas was only a few months old. It's been so much fun watching them grow together. Just for fun, here's the first picture I can quickly find of the two of them together a while ago...Halloween 2006:


Actually, I can do a little better (though it's not the best picture). Here's one of the first time they met when Thomas was somewhere around a month old, if I remember correctly. Lily is 7.5 weeks older than Thomas and her mom and I were both on extended bedrest during our pregnancies with them (and we'd commiserate over the phone).


It's actually pretty neat. There are three kids who are regulars at playgroup: Thomas, Lily & Margaret Anne. Margaret Anne is the oldest, a few weeks older than Lily, then Lily, then Thomas. Well, now all three of the moms are pregnant again. I'm due first, Lily's mom is five weeks behind me, and then Margaret Anne's mom is due in September. So now the kids will be in the reverse order, agewise. It is great to have friends (and great friends at that!) with children who can grow up with our own!

Of course next year Thomas will be in school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and Lily & Margaret Anne will be in school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. We're trying to figure out how we can keep meeting. I know we'll always have lunchdates! Our playgroup now often feels more like a way to spend time before lunch. :)

Here are a couple more pictures from today just for fun...




I still need to post Thomas's monthly update. We're hitting the road tomorrow to spend a few days with Thomas's (paternal) grandparents. I know I'll get lots of breaks there so I'm sure I'll find some time to finally do the update!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

That made me cry. Could be the hormones. I might have to post a link so I can hang on to that one.