Saturday, December 29, 2007

Trip to Riverbanks Zoo

I know I have yet to post Christmas photos and tell all about our travels, but I'm getting there. I want to catch up and keep things in order. So they'll be coming as soon as time allows! :-)

The Thursday before Christmas Thomas and I went on a road trip with his friend L. and her mom. The four of us journeyed up the road to Riverbanks Zoo and had a fabulous time. Thomas wasn't as interested in the animals as I thought he would be, but he still had a wonderful time.

He loved the birds. He tried to mimic their sounds and it was the cutest thing to hear. Wish I had a video of it, but all I have is a picture:




We saw real elephants...


But he was far more interested in the one that was more his size:


When we got to the giraffes, he would point at them and say "Neck!" I guess he does remember all the times I've said, "Giraffes have long necks" when we've seen photos of them in books.


They got really close:


Thomas and L. also scoped out the zebras:


He found the monkeys interesting...and loud:


He gave them a funny look:


When he'd tire of looking at any one animal, he'd wave at it and say, "Bye! Bye!" The boy knows what he wants!

By the time we got to the penguins, we could tell our trip was coming to an end (and yes, those are real penguins in the background!)...


Then we decided to head out and it was not a moment too soon...


We stopped for a quick lunch on the way out, and by time we hit the interstate, the kids were in la-la land:


Thomas managed to sleep almost the whole way back even though L. decided she only needed a 30-minute nap. The trip wasn't bad and we had a great time. Hopefully L. and her mom will be up for another road trip in the future!

No comments: