I was looking to see how much Thomas weighed last year to compare it with the measurements we got at his Well Child Visit on Friday. I was looking at the numbers: 38.6 lbs weight, 40 3/4 height and thinking that maybe Parker isn’t THAT big because his measurements aren’t so much more than that. Then I realized “Oops, those were Thomas’ measurements when he turned 4; Parker just turned 3!”
Yes, I’ve yet to make a post dedicated to Parker’s new age, but I had to share….the boy is BIG! At the age of 3 here are his measurements:
Weight: 39 pounds
Height: 41 inches
So yeah, at the age of 3 he is bigger than what Thomas was at the age of 4. (Just for point of reference, at age 3 Thomas was 31 pounds and 38 inches.) And it’s not like Thomas is tiny. He’s always been one of the tallest in his class (I believe he and three other boys were tied for the tallest boys in his class at the beginning of the school year – a girl was the tallest).
Due to insurance issues (oh how I love health insurance) and the fact that he is not due for any vaccines, he will not have a WCV this year, but according to my calculations (looking it up on the internet), he is above the 97th percentile for weight and above the 95th percentile for height and head circumference.
It’s a bit sad to me because Parker is my baby…but at 39 pounds he doesn’t seem like much of a baby at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment