Sunday, May 22, 2011

End of first tee-ball season

We made it through our first season of tee-ball.  In the end, I think Thomas enjoyed it, but he seems to like the more constant-action sport of soccer better.  I think tee-ball/baseball involves a bit too much of sitting around waiting for something to happen – at least as far as Thomas is concerned. 

I must also explain why Thomas’ outfit doesn’t quite match his teammates in these photos.  For some reason I had it in my head that his final game was going to be at 11:45 on a Saturday morning.  So I was quite confused when a friend called at 9:15 that morning (her son is one of Thomas’ friends and a teammate) asking where we were.  Quickly I realized that the game started at 9 – OOPS!  Trey was at the Air Force for a Reserves weekend, so I kicked into high gear and somehow managed to get the boys there by 9:30.  Unfortunately Thomas’ shirt was in the washing machine, so we had to resort to wearing his soccer “jersey” instead.  At least they were the same color!  And we managed to get there so he had time to participate in 1.5 (of the three) innings.  One final at bat!

DSC_8979

He batted left-handed most of the season, but decided toward the end that he wanted to be a righty.  It was strange, when we used to play at home, he clearly did better batting from the left (he seemed to always hit the tee from the right side), but he definitely improved.DSC_8980

He got a good hit on the second swing.  Nobody’s ever out in tee-ball!  DSC_8981

Made it to first base!DSC_8982

On his way to third…

DSC_8985

Of course he had to slide (or something like that)…DSC_8987

After the game, it was time for a yummy snack and the trophy presentation.  Here is Thomas with Coach Joey:DSC_8996

Here’s Thomas and one of his good buddies (and the two younger brothers):DSC_8997

We were glad he had a buddy on the team.  It always makes things easier when there’s a buddy around…not that Thomas has ever met a stranger!DSC_8999

It was a fun season, but we were glad it ended!  We are taking the hot summer off from sports, but will probably pick up soccer again in the fall.  I think Parker is hoping he gets to join a team soon!

No comments: