Monday, December 27, 2010

A white day-after-Christmas

A few days before Christmas I asked Thomas if he knew what was the big event on Saturday and he said, "CHRISTMAS!  That means there will be snow!"  I told him I was sorry, but we live in SC and it wasn't very likely that there would be snow on Christmas, or very often, period.  Well, little did I know, he was almost right!

The day after Christmas, there was, indeed, snow!


We were at my parents' house and unfortunately it was too wet for the kids to really play in very much, but it was pretty!




Andrew was willing to brave the elements...  ;-)


And even though it was a wet snow, I was impressed to see that you could still see beautiful little individual snowflakes (though I couldn't quite capture them in pictures the way I wanted to)...




Then we hit the road and traveled in mostly snow to visit Trey's parents.  It made for a beautiful day-after-Christmas.  However, I do believe having snow now twice in less than a year has set unreasonable expectations for our children about how often they will see snow in South Carolina.    Though I have had one white Christmas for myself (in 1989 -- the one in Colorado in 1995 doesn't count!), so perhaps they'll have theirs one day too!

No comments: