Monday, September 1, 2008

Morning at the park

The week before Thomas started school I took the boys (while Trey was out of town for work) to my parents' house for a few days. The boys enjoyed their time with Nannie & Papa, and I enjoyed a little extra help. Unfortunately it seemed Mom & Dad were both working overtime so we didn't see them as much as we would have liked. But because of the overtime, Nannie was able to take off one morning to hang out with us. We decided to venture to the local state park, Santee Canal State Park.

Thomas & Nannie enjoyed checking out all of the "animals" on display in the interpretive center:


And then we headed out to the boardwalk and trails in search of nature. :) Nannie & Thomas found a little turtle enjoying the warm sun:




We stopped by the house to play a bit under it and in the surrounding yard. When I was little we used to go there sometimes for family reunions and just to wander around (before it was a state park). It was kind of odd (in a neat way) to now watch my son playing where I played at his age...


Of course, the house and property looks so much better now than it did back then!

Mom snapped a quick shot of me and the boys (I promise Parker was not about to fall out of the wrap as it may look here!):


And of course if there is water within reach, Thomas must touch it...


Thanks Mom/Nannie for spending the morning with us. Hopefully next time you won't have to go back to work and the weather might be a little cooler. And maybe we'll bring the stroller so the walk is a little easier!

No comments: