Saturday, February 9, 2008

The animals at Magnolia Planation

Nearly two weeks ago we used our Be a Tourist passes to visit Magnolia Plantation with Thomas's friend J and his mom. We pretty much only visited the petting zoo there, but spent plenty of time hanging out with the animals. Thomas and J seemed to have a great time. You walk into an enclosed area and hang out with sheep, deer, goats, chickens, peacocks and other animals that are in cages.



The deer are really brave and got really close...


Thomas enjoyed "pat-pat"-ing them all!



In that picture he was trying to imitate the sounds the chickens were making. He liked imitating all of the animals...or at least giving it a good try!



He liked these little goats at first, but then decided he was quite scared by them. Every time one came his way, he'd run to me. But at first he was willing to give them a little "pat-pat."


Thomas & J took a little break on a bench (that later the goat showed us was his to stand upon):




Too bad this picture is blurry. Sometimes when I tell him to smile he laughingly says "NO!" and then runs to me for a hug. This was one of those times. I caught him at the start of his attempted getaway:


I almost forgot I have this little video from our visit. Thomas was happily watching the goat drink water and commenting on its every move when a deer stepped in to give him a little kiss. Thomas didn't quite share my amusement.


Tomorrow I plan to finally upload and share the pictures from our trip two Thursdays ago to Fort Sumter! Check back soon!

No comments: