Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Today we give thanks for our fathers...our daddies. I know I am utterly grateful for my own wonderful, loving father, my Daddy, and the boys could not be happier about their own. Thomas and Parker love their Daddy with all of their little hearts.

They love how their Daddy makes them laugh...


They love how Daddy shows them new things...


And he teaches them new things too (like how to feed a pony)...


Those are just a tiny bit of the many, many, many pictures I could post (if I had access to them on this computer) of all the many things our boys love to do with their Daddy. They both light up when he comes in the room. If he has been away for work, when they first see him, they can hardly be contained. Thomas runs to his Daddy with great glee and Parker smiles and exclaims in his own little way, all the while trying to leap and bounce right out of my arms.

My boys are lucky to have such a wonderful father in their lives. I think you can love your husband an awful lot, but that love can't help but grow when you see how he loves your children and how they adore him in return. Tomorrow we celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary and I have to say that the best part of our marriage has been watching Trey become a Daddy.

Yes, Thomas and Parker love so many things about their father. But most of all, they just love Daddy.


Happy Father's Day to Trey and all daddies everywhere!

1 comment:

jgd said...

Whew! That one caused me to tear up a bit...and it's so true.