Thursday, March 5, 2009

For Jake and little boys everywhere!

Remember Jake?
On Saturday, Parker and I will put our walking shoes on (well, maybe he'll just put his "I'm-going-to-sit-in-the-stroller shoes" on) and participate in the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Stride & Ride at Concord Mills mall north of Charlotte. I am so thankful to those of you who have pledged your donations and your prayers thus far.

To date, TEAM JAKE has raised more than $8,600, of which my friends and family have made it possible to contribute over $1,100. If anyone would still like to contribute to this extremely worthy cause, it is not too late! Please visit my fundraising page here to make a tax-deductible donation by credit card (click the red rectangle at the top center of the page). You can choose one of the pre-set amount or ANY amount you wish to make.

All funds raised will go toward researching a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy -- the most common fatal disorder diagnosed in childhood (Jake has DMD and his website is among my links and can be accessed by clicking here). I cannot impress upon anyone how critical the need is to find a cure for DMD. I truly believe the researchers are really very close to saving Jake and other boys like him.

As I shared before, Jake's mom put together a beautiful montage about Jake. If ever you needed any additional inspiration to give to this worthy cause, this is it. Click it and watch it.

I am asking for your donations, but I'm also asking for your prayers. And above all, I'm just asking you to remember Jake.

No comments: