Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reasons to smile

Today is one of those days when I could use an extra smile. So I went in search of them from the two people in my life who make me smile more than anything else, my sons.

(When I showed that picture to my mom this morning she said it looks like Parker is wearing a baby toupee. That makes me laugh too. :) Yes, that's what happens when I don't brush his hair after a bath!)

How sweet is Thomas telling his little brother all about his good friend Bob the Builder...


Parker likes it!


It's much easier to get a smile from the big boy...


The little one gets a little stage fright every time I pull out the camera. But I managed to capture a glimmer of a smile...


And this one just makes me laugh because Parker gets so determined when trying to get his hand to his mouth sometimes. And he gets so distracted, too. He pulls his hand up and examines it forever, looking at every inch of it as if he is saying, "Now what is this thing attached to my body? And how should I go about putting it in my mouth? Do I want just one finger or the whole fist?"


Yesterday was a rainy day around here. We spent a lot of time on the back porch. There was just enough mist in the dirty baby pool to give Thomas the mess he needed. We had to wash his feet and legs before he could take a nap!


Even on rainy days, I'm so thankful I have these two boys in my life who provide me with a neverending reason to smile.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That first picture really shows a resemblance between the two! Hope yall are doing well!